Service Dogs - Working Dogs
Safety is always first!
- We welcome all trained Service Dogs.
- You must sign a waiver that you take full responsibility for your dog’s actions.
- The dog must be on lead at all times.
- The dog must get along with other dogs. (One of our instructors has a trained service dog another was an explosive dog handler)
- If the dog starts to disrupt the class you will be ask to leave. Disrupting includes “Begging (food or attention), walking around causing disturbances, barking, growling etc. No refund at that point.
- Dog must be properly groomed (not stinky or bugs).
- We would ask you to sit in the back of class. We will remove a couple chairs so the dog has more room to lay down.
- Service dog’s safety must be considered on the range.
- No dog will be allowed to roam free and must be under 100% control.
- No dog is allowed near the firing line.
- Comfort Dogs are NOT allowed. (They are not recognized by any law)
Web links containing laws governing service dogs.
NJ State Law 10:5-29 1. Any person with a disability accompanied by a service or guide dog trained by a recognized training agency or school is entitled, with his dog, to the full and equal enjoyment, advantages, facilities and privileges of all public facilities, subject only to the following conditions: http://servicedogcentral.org/content/node/30