SAFTD Precision Rifle
- Precision Rifle #1 100-200 yards Holding a 1 MOA. This class helps you understand basic long range theory. Test/prove your equipment, properly fit it to you and Zero it. (Fort Dix NJ)
- Precision Rifle #2 0-1000 yards Advanced atmospherics, ballistics and spotting. (Altoona Pa)
- Precision Rifle #3 500-1000 yards, shooting and spotting.(Altoona Pa)
Human mechanics while shooting
Understanding basic ballistics
Reading weather conditions
Compensation for variables while shooting
Optics and how they work
How to keep DOPE books and use the information
Tall and square live fire tests
Dialing in at 100 yards Required Equipment
- A rifle system and ammunition capable of a 1" MOA at 100 yards.* (The shooter must be able to consistently hold a 2" MOA at 100 yards)
- Shooting mat*
- Shooting bi-pod (bags not recommended)*
- Spotting scope*
- Pencil/pen and notepad (We provide)
- Data entry book (DOPE) (We will supply work cards.)
- Ballistic Calculator (Phone is OK)
- 200 rounds of quality Match grade ammunition*
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs required).
- Ammunition: Factory fresh match ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo (tracer armor, steel core).
- Bipod (recommend 6″-9″, 9″max) and rear support bag.
- Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants,
- Mil-Dot reticle or MOA reticle with external adjustable knobs for elevation and windage.
- Capable of MOA adjustments to 800 yards (example: 40 MOA for 1,000 yards on a .308 and 12 Mils for 1,000yds on a .308); a 20+ MOA mount may be necessary.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended)
- Owner Manual for your scope
- Pants [NO shorts]
- Comfortable footwear for rough terrain
- Rain gear.
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Baseball Cap Course
Length of Course: 16 Hours.
* These items may be rented (Prepaid). Rifle 7.62 bolt rifle and Match grade ammo 200 rounds $350. ($400 for all equipment required)
There are short breaks and a lunch break throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills. We supply water, coffee and a box lunch.
Brass belongs to the range if you are renting.
These classes assume you can accurately shoot your rifle.
Classes are removed once they are full or at the cut off date:
SELECT CLASS AND DATE BELOW
"VIEW ALL EVENTS BUTTON"