SAFTEA Precision Rifle
- Precision Rifle #1 ($425) 100-300 yards Holding a 2" MOA. This class helps you understand basic long range theory. Test/prove your equipment, properly fit it to you and Zero it. (Some Steel targets)
- Class Price includes: SAFTEA Manuals, DOPE Cards, Mil Dot Master, use of range.
2 days 8:00am- 4:30pm
Instruction begins in the classroom and progress to the range out to 300 yards.
The student will learn equipment selection and setting up their system.
Ammunition selection and ballistics review.
Optics, MILS, MOA, reticles, parallax and how to adjust your optics
Human and meteorological factors.
Cold Bore shots, DOPE, Calling shots.
The student should have a firm grasp on the fundamental of marksmanship skills.
Their rifle should be zeroed, we will check zero at the range.
The student’s system will be checked with standard Tall Target Tests and Box Tests
this will assure the system works and tracks correctly.
In live fire exercises students will practice engaging paper and steel targets out to 300 yards using a prone position. FBI sniper targets are available for any student who wishes to test their skills at 100 yards 2-inch box.
None. Although an entry level course, rifle systems should be zeroed, and ammo matches to the twist rate. (We can help with that.)
• Precision rifle system and accessories
• Optics-Mil radian and MOA, reticles
• Selection of ammunition
• Ballistics - interior, exterior, and terminal
• Zeroing and grouping at various distances
• Field shooting exercises to 300 yards (depending on range used)
• Wind estimation and corrections
• Rifle Data
• System check, Tall target and Box target
• Choreographing your system with different weight bullets
• KIMS games
• Precision scoped rifle w/bipod
• Shooting mat (We have a few we can load)
• Training clothing for outside weather
• Personal protection, eyes, hearing, skin (sun-bugs) hat
• Field notebook DOPE supplied
• MIlDOT Master supplied
• Estimated round count: 300 rounds rifle quality match recommended.
• 300 WM max. caliber.
• No armor piercing ammunition is to be used on at any time.
- Precision Rifle #2 ($625) 3 days We pay all range fees and use of Steel Targets
- 0-600 yards (Depending on weather and range) unknown distance in woods, angled shooting and spotting.(Huntington Pa)
A number of topics will be covered in the “Precision Rife 2 course, these include but are not limited to:
Human mechanics while shooting
- Try different Precision Rifle Systems
- Data Book Use
- Basic Long Range Marksmanship Techniques
- Unusual Position Shooting
- Extreme Angle Shooting
- Known/ Unknown distance engagements
- Use of Tripods
- Hasty setup
- Duties of spotter and shooter
- Spotter and shooter communications.
- 400 rounds
Precision Rifle #3 ($625) 3 days (We pay all range fees)
- 0-1000 yards Advanced atmospherics, ballistics and spotting. This class gets your LP DOPE. (Huntington Pa)
- Rifle Zero Check
- Kim's Games
- Position Shooting
- Gather data to 1,000 yards
- Range Estimation
- 'Known/ Unknown distance engagements
- Use of data Programs
- Awareness & Observation
- 300 rounds
- 5 days - 25-500 yards, for semi-auto scoped rifles 5.56 to .308
- This is an accelerated DDM class not a basic class! There are no handgun used, no pushups or running. This class is all practical DDM theory, hands on shooting and learning on the go.
- Your main instructor was a DDM for the State Department and was deployed.
- Multiple targets
- Kim's games
- Half Zero
- Known and unknown distance
- Quick target acquisition
- 300 rounds
Camo gear and or Ghilli suit required.
Minimal Required equipment
- Shooting mat*
- Shooting bi-pod (bags not recommended)*
- Spotting scope*
- Pencil/pen and notepad (We provide)
- Data entry book (DOPE) (We will supply work cards.)
- Ballistic Calculator (Phone is OK) so are Analog computers
- 200 rounds of quality Match grade ammunition*
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs required).
- Ammunition: Factory fresh match ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo (tracer armor, steel core).
- Bi-pod (recommend 6″-9″, 9″max) and rear support bag.
- Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants,
- Mil-Dot reticle or MOA reticle with external adjustable knobs for elevation and windage.
- Capable of MOA adjustments to 800 yards (example: 40 MOA for 1,000 yards on a .308 and 12 Mils for 1,000yds on a .308); a 20+ MOA mount may be necessary.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended)
- Owner Manual for your scope
- Pants [NO shorts]
- Comfortable footwear for rough terrain
- Rain gear.
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Baseball Cap Course
Length of Courses: 16 Hours (approx).
* These items may be rented (Prepaid). Rifle 7.62 bolt rifle and Match grade ammo 200 rounds.
There are short breaks and a lunch break throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills. We supply water, coffee and a box lunch.
Brass belongs to the range if you are renting rifle.
All of these classes assume you can accurately shoot your rifle.
Classes are removed once they are full or at the cut off date:
SELECT CLASS AND DATE BELOW
"VIEW ALL EVENTS BUTTON"